Sunday, April 1, 2012

At least it's something!




Happy April Fools!

Hopefully none of you have had to suffer terrible jokes from your friends and/or significant other. We have a very strict non-April Fools day pact. For me it was because I was never at my sister's level and she always found a way to frustrate me more than anything with her pranks. One year I finally put Vaseline on the inside door nob to her bedroom and tied the outer nob to this ancient million pound table. I woke up to a caged half asleep and extremely angry lion who would now have to rush to get ready for school. Yeah, I was like 8 and my first real prank had been too early in the morning to be appreciated. She claims to this day that she doesn't even remember it. Ah the impact I had.

No idea why my husband doesn't like them. We both enjoy tricks and messing with each other on every other day of the year....but not today.

In my long absence from my crafting blog I've been working a bit more on Mostly Nerdy Narrative posting reviews for movies and some random rantings. I've been under the weather and going insane because for a week straight the only thing I could convince myself to do was lay down on the couch and watch TV (Stargate Atlantis to be exact). I'm feeling better, but I'm still not normal yet.

On to the minimal crafting I've accomplished!

Last week I copied a pinterest idea and used a bleach pen on a shirt to draw a design. Smelly work, but super fun. The shirt is in the washing machine right now but I'll get some pictures up later.

Again another pinterest idea (which are starting to take over my life) is a fun little towel holder.

Pinned Image

Pretty huh? Of course this isn't one of the DIY projects that's on there, more of a cool thing to buy and put in your bathroom, but who has the money for that! Instead I starting f*#&ing around with some old hangers. Originally I thought maybe it could work on some of my yarn, but I discovered the perfect use for it instead!


This is now my new "rustic" and slightly shabby cloth napkin holder! It may not be quite as pretty or sturdy as the one designed to be sold, but whatever. I like it, and that's all that's important, right?


Alright well enough of my attempted crafts for now. I've completed Toothless's head (it only took me three months ugh), but I've found that if I'm making something for myself it's just not as fun. The wire thing was fun because I never work with wire (I know you can't tell can you! pfffft) that and if I didn't like it I wasn't going to feel bad about scrapping it. I've just been in a little bit of a crafting funk. I'm sure it happens to all of us. Right? RIGHT?

 I do have a crochet project that I'll post next weekend. It's a birthday present, otherwise I would have posted it today. I hope my friend likes it!

Hugs to all of you!

4 comments:

  1. I get in crafting funks all the time. It usually ends with me giving up and starting something small, easy, and quick to finish. Nothing perks me up like a successful hour long craft project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep looking at the Goodwill for one of those wine racks to do that towel action! I have seen one, and right when I spotted it another woman grabbed it! :/ Oh Pinterest, so much time you take from me and I have no guilt or concern. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work with the wire ;) I am also in the middle of a crafting funk! I will take Kate`s advice, something small and simple just enough to get me exited!
    Ps: I also seem to get into this funks when I try to crochet for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get in crafting funks too. What I do then is: something completely different! When I want to crochet but just don't have inspiration, I work with paper instead. Or when I want to journal but have no clue what to write, I go through my fabric stash to get those creative juices flowing.
    xo,
    wink
    ps Ooh! Just thought of this (shameless promotion): I have a tutorial on my blog about how I stay inspired, and it really works! (well, most of the time :P)

    ReplyDelete