Friday, August 26, 2011

Practice

I've decided that I want to learn how to embroider (my mom taught me when I was about eight but I only ever did half a flower, so I don't really count it) so I started messing around with some embroidery floss and scrap fabric. Unfortunately this piece of scrap was from a t-shirt...so the fabric was stretchy and frustrating. Oh well! Lesson learned!



For those of you who don't know this is a quote from Pam on True Blood, the pink on black is very appropriate for her character. The framed quote now sits on my desk.

Don't worry I have another amigurumi to post soon!

2 comments:

  1. Pam is my favorite on True Blood. I also learned to embroider when I was about 8 y/o. I did a lot during my hippy phase in the early 70ies. Now that I am crocheting little creatures I am picking up the needle & floss again to make their faces and whatever. The embroidery does seem to add nice detail to the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obviously behind on your blog, but this made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete